Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sand Patch and the Western Maryland Scenic

In mid October I flew out to Baltimore to join a Carl Franz photo freight on the Western Maryland Scenic with the 734. I went out a few days early for a cab ride and some shots of the passenger train. A couple of days before I left I called Carl to check on things, and the 734 had problems. Since the airlines are not known for their generosity these days, I had to go anyway. So I had a few days on Sand Patch. It's 18 years since I did "Sand Patch Weekend" so it was about time to have another look. The first time I went, C40-8W's were new, as was the "Bright Future" paint scheme. B&O, Chessie, stealth, Seaboard, big C boats, SD40-2's, all gone except for the -2's, now it's big GE's and "Dark Future" paint. Still, I had decent weather and a reasonable amount of traffic, and met some interesting people. Not a lot of time for photography, but here are some odds and ends.









I'd never been on one of Carl's trips before, very well done, and lots of runby's!




No comments:

Post a Comment